Where Can I Sell My Wedding Ring?
- Pawn Shops. Pawn shops are usually the first thing to come to mind because it’s a place to get quick cash.
- Jewelry Auction.
- Selling Your Wedding Ring on eBay.
- Online Ads (Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Offer Up, etc.)
- Online Jewelry Buyers.
- Professional Jewelry Buyer.
Where is the best place to sell your wedding ring?
- Circa Jewels. If you want to get an offer for your ring quickly,Circa Jewels can do so in just 1-3 days.
- Worthy. Worthy is an online marketplace that lets you sell watches and jewelry.
- WP Diamonds. WP Diamonds is a multinational company that specializes in the recycling of diamonds.
- Express Gold Cash.
- 1 Where can I sell my diamond ring for the most money?
- 2 How much can you get for selling a wedding ring?
- 3 Can I resell my wedding ring?
- 4 How can I sell my engagement ring for the most money?
- 5 What do I do with my old wedding ring?
- 6 Can I sell my ring to Kay Jewelers?
- 7 How do you get a ring appraised?
- 8 Does Zales buy rings back?
- 9 Does Kay Jewelers have a buyback program?
- 10 Can I sell my wedding ring before the divorce?
- 11 What finger do you wear a divorce ring on?
- 12 Is it better to pawn or sell jewelry?
- 13 How much should I sell my engagement ring for?
- 14 Does Jared’s buy jewelry?
- 15 How to Sell Your Wedding Rings After a Divorce
- 16 Who do the Wedding Rings Belong To?
- 17 Do Wedding Rings Keep Their Value?
- 18 Where to Sell Your WeddingEngagement Rings
- 19 How much can I expect to get for my jewelry?
- 20 Alternatives to Cashing in Your Wedding Ring
- 21 Sell Wedding Ring For a Better Price
- 22 Where Can You Sell Your Wedding Ring
- 23 WHY SELL YOUR WEDDING RING WITH WORTHY?
- 24 HOW TO SELL YOUR WEDDING RING ONLINE WITH WORTHY
- 25 WHAT DETERMINES A WEDDING RING’S VALUE?
- 26 HOW TO GET A FAIR PRICE WHEN SELLING YOUR WEDDING RING
- 27 How to Sell an Engagement Ring
- 28 Should You Sell Your Engagement Ring?
- 29 How Much Can You Get for Your Engagement Ring?
- 30 How Long Does It Take to Sell an Engagement Ring?
- 31 Ways to Sell an Engagement Ring
- 32 Tips for Selling Your Engagement Ring
- 33 8 Best Places to Sell Wedding Rings Online of 2022
- 34 Where to sell wedding rings?
- 35 Is it time to sell your wedding ring?
- 36 Why You Will Lose Money Selling Your Diamond Ring
- 37 Here is How to Sell Your Diamond Ring
- 38 WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY TO SELL A DIAMOND RING?
- 39 WHERE TO SELL DIAMONDS
- 40 Your Best Case Scenario
- 41 BENEFITS OF SELLING A DIAMOND BOUGHT ONLINE
- 42 The Best Way to Sell Your Diamond Online
- 43 What is a Diamond’s “Market Price?”
- 44 Can I sell my setting, too?
- 45 Tips on How to Sell a Diamond Ring
- 46 Diamond Resale Value
- 47 How Much Do Pawn Shops Pay for Diamond Rings?
- 48 SELLING A DIAMOND RING: CONCLUSION
- 49 Still afraid of getting ripped off?
- 50 Ask your diamond purchase question here
Where can I sell my diamond ring for the most money?
Google or Yelp will lead you to many choices of where to sell your engagement ring for the most money — both online, as well as jewelers and large retailers near you, pawn shops, gold buyers, vintage and estate jewelry stores, and auction houses.
How much can you get for selling a wedding ring?
“It does depend on the ring. However, most of the time we see people getting back anywhere between 40 to 75 percent of the ring’s original value.”
Can I resell my wedding ring?
LOCAL JEWELRY STORES One local option for where you can sell your wedding ring are jewelry stores near you. Most jewelry stores exist with the main purpose of selling new jewelry that they’ve purchased wholesale. A few stores do offer good value for used items, and these are generally very safe to deal with.
How can I sell my engagement ring for the most money?
Best Way to Sell an Engagement Ring
- Start with Pawn Shops. You already know the ceiling for your jewelry is half it’s buying price, you shouldn’t be too shocked when you walk into a pawn shop.
- Check the Selling Shop.
- Skip the Middle Man.
- Use an Interactive Site.
- Go to eBay.
- Call Cash for Gold.
- Phone a Friend.
- Keep it Punny.
What do I do with my old wedding ring?
Ways to Repurpose Your Wedding Ring
- Get your ring remodeled.
- Turn it into a necklace.
- Make it into a new piece of jewelry (ring, bracelet, earring).
- Hold on to it for your kids.
- Donate it to someone in need.
- Turn it into a piece of art for your home.
- Put the stone to use.
Can I sell my ring to Kay Jewelers?
You may trade in any diamond/diamond jewelry item purchased at KAY Jewelers (excluding lab-created diamonds/diamond jewelry) for a new diamond/diamond jewelry item that is at least double the trade-in value. Trade-in value is the original purchase price of the trade-in, excluding charges such as tax and shipping.
How do you get a ring appraised?
Nearly all jewelry stores offer appraisals. Many jewelry stores have a jewelry appraiser on their staff. You can often contact the jewelry store ahead of time to schedule an appointment to have your jewelry appraised in front of you. Another option is to go to an independent diamond jewelry appraiser.
Does Zales buy rings back?
Lifetime Guaranteed Trade-In Value on Bridal Sets and Diamond Solitaires. We guarantee that the item you trade will be valued for trade in at Zales at 100% of its original net purchase price. Trade-ins of in-store and online purchases are accepted at most Zales locations.
Does Kay Jewelers have a buyback program?
Kay Jewelers currently operates a nationwide trade-in or buy-back program. You can take an item of diamond jewelry to any of their stores in the US and use it as part payment for another piece of jewelry.
Can I sell my wedding ring before the divorce?
You are correct in that wedding rings are generally considered to be a gift and therefore separate property. You may sell your wedding rings prior to filing or being served with a Petition for Dissolution.
What finger do you wear a divorce ring on?
A divorce ring can be worn on the fourth finger of the left hand, replacing those engagement and wedding rings. It’s the common choice of those who feel the loss of their wedding bands, as well as those who want to remind themselves of a new beginning following the end of their marriage.
Is it better to pawn or sell jewelry?
Receive a Higher Cash Value If you bring in an item worth $1,000, you’ll get only a percentage of that amount in pawn loans, but sometimes you’ll get a higher percentage if you sell outright. The cash amount you receive for your valuable item depends on the pawnbroker.
How much should I sell my engagement ring for?
While the factors above all influence the resale price of an engagement ring, in general you can expect to get 20-45% of the original retail price. If you sell your ring to a jeweler, this number will be affected by their markup. Larger stores will likely have a higher markup than your local independent jeweler.
Does Jared’s buy jewelry?
Jared stores do not directly purchase or provide guidance on the jewelry for sale. You don’t even have to know what the gold karatage is. Just sign up and get a packet and send your unwanted gold and platinum jewelry to us. We’ll inspect, clean, sort, weigh and ascertain what it’s worth in today’s market.
How to Sell Your Wedding Rings After a Divorce
A divorce may be a very emotional and draining experience. Selling your wedding bands after a divorce can be a difficult process as it is before. We understand your frustration and want to assist you in making sense of the process. It is not always the case that things come out the way you expect them to. There are times when the road you choose is not the one you anticipated, or when someone you know matures into someone else — and there are occasions when you yourself grow into someone different.
Is it possible that it was a gift?
Is it time to put down a deposit on Happily Ever After?
We wish to assist you in navigating the turbulent seas of separation in the most pleasant way possible, while avoiding the pitfalls of tradition, emotional connection, and the pre-owned jewelry market, among other things.
Worthy.com is a website worth checking out.
Who do the Wedding Rings Belong To?
In the United States, the legal position on who owns wedding and engagement rings is murky. In most cases, an engagement ring is referred to as a “pre-marital asset,” which means that it was something the bride held before getting married and is therefore solely hers. On the other hand, wedding bands were given as presents after the marriage was consummated and are often regarded to be part of the couple’s property. Depending on where you are in the globe, obtaining a wedding ring is regarded as a “promise of marriage.” As long as the person follows through on his or her vow (by getting married), the ring is theirs to do with as they like.
The one and only exception?
If the person who received the ring later leaves the family, most laws will require the ring to be returned to the family.
Having said that, the majority of former spouses will come to an agreement on the best course of action.
Your ring may be valuable enough to preserve and upcycle or sell, or you may simply need to get rid of it in a ceremonial flame of liberation and emancipation.
Do Wedding Rings Keep Their Value?
You should be aware that it is doubtful that you will be able to sell your rings for the same price that you or your partner spent for them if you decide to pursue this option of earning some additional pocket money from your jewelry collection. The profit margin required by the jeweler or boutique in order to make a livelihood was included in the initial retail price of the item. By reselling the ring to them, you are assuming the position of wholesaler, and you may expect to earn, at the very least, wholesale pricing for your efforts.
In most cases, it will be evaluated on the basis of the breakdown of its constituent parts:
- The “scrap” worth of the metal that will be melted down and transformed into something new, as well as the value of the diamonds or other gemstones that will be extracted
Jewelers are particularly interested in huge center stones of high quality that weigh more than one carat. A stone weighing.97 carats will appear identical to a 1 carat stone to the naked eye, but it will be valued substantially less. When you’re shopping for a new ring, this is fantastic; but, when you’re attempting to sell your old one, it may be a little more difficult. A short word about TCW (total carat weight): many gorgeous diamond engagement rings are composed of numerous sparkling stones, which are subsequently sold according to their total carat weight.
When reselling it, keep in mind that jewelers will evaluate its worth as a collection of smaller individual pieces rather than as a single enormous piece.
Where to Sell Your WeddingEngagement Rings
Once you’ve decided what you want to do with your jewelry, there are various options for receiving the most money for it.
In the event that you want to sell at person rather than online, your best option is to sell on consignment in a brick-and-mortar store. You leave your ring with them at the shop for a predetermined period of time, and they will make every effort to sell it on your behalf during that time period. As soon as the ring sells, you and the retailer both receive a portion of the sale price. Generally speaking, selling on consignment will always result in a higher price because there is no risk for the retailer and they are not required to pay anything out of their own pocket up front.
Alternatively, you might sell your items online – for more information, see our thorough guide.
- Sites such as CashForGoldUSA are excellent for determining the value of scrap gold and diamonds
- When it comes to reselling a really unique piece in its whole, Worthy and other luxury auction websites are your best choice. Jewelry purchasing services like Out of Your Life, which cater particularly to jilted women by offering a fully insured “breakup box” in which to send your goods for appraisal, are becoming increasingly popular.
You might also try selling straight to the customer through a marketplace website such as Etsy or Ruby Lane. However, you should be aware that you will be responsible for all of your own insurance and appraisals, as well as ensuring that you get safe payment and addressing any inquiries from possible purchasers.
How much can I expect to get for my jewelry?
Generally speaking, when reselling a wedding or engagement band, you may expect to receive between a third and half of the original sale price, depending on the condition of the ring. Name brands like as Tiffany or Cartier tend to keep their worth better than more understated items, and the age, quality, and degree of wear and tear can all have an impact on the value of a piece of jewellery. Its value will increase if it comes with reputable paperwork, like as GIA grading certifications and insurance assessments.
If you know the specifics of your diamond-like color grade, clarity, and precise carat weight, you may use an online diamond calculator, such as this one or this one, to get a general estimate of how much you should be asking for your diamond.
If you intend to sell your jewelry directly, you may research the prices of comparable items on other pre-owned jewelry markets to get an idea of how much your piece is worth.
Alternatives to Cashing in Your Wedding Ring
If you are reselling a wedding or engagement ring, you may expect to receive between a third and half of the original sale price, depending on the condition of the ring. Pieces from well-known names like as Tiffany or Cartier tend to keep their worth better than more modestly priced items. The age, quality, and degree of wear and tear on the piece can also have an impact on its value. Its value will increase if it is accompanied by reputable documents, like as GIA grading certifications and insurance appraisals.
In the event that you know the specifics of your diamond-like color grade, clarity, and precise carat weight, you may utilize an internet diamond calculator such asthis orthis to get a general notion of how much you should be able to demand.
If you intend to sell your jewelry on your own, you may research the prices of comparable pieces on other pre-owned jewelry markets to get an idea of how much your item is worth.
- Wish– the non-profit organization that was responsible for the founding of the Women’s Mental Health Network
- Refuge is a non-profit organization that provides assistance to survivors of domestic violence.
On the other hand, it’s possible that you just want this chapter of your life to be over with. Your wedding band might be used to make one final and final gesture of letting go if money isn’t an issue in your situation. In this stage of the grieving process, burying your wedding ring in a beloved area that you shared with your partner or throwing it into the churning waves of the sea may be just what you need. Continuing forward and upwards Wedding jewelry is a really personal item, and every event, every connection, and every knot of memories is a completely unique part of your life.
Then you will be free to begin on this exciting new chapter of your life with no regrets on your shoulders.
*PIN THIS PICTURE to your Pinterest board so you can locate it whenever you need it! a little about the author
Andrew serves in a variety of roles as the CEO of LoveLavender. He specializes in affiliate marketing, search engine optimization, and content production. Cooking curry is one of his favorite pastimes, and he is a big fan of Japan. He also enjoys slow travel and spending time with his wife and lovely baby.
Sell Wedding Ring For a Better Price
When you’re thinking of selling your wedding band, it’s normal for your emotions and feelings to be running high. Wedding rings can bring you great joy, but they can also serve as a constant reminder of events that you’d want to forget or move on from as well. A traumatic divorce, the death of a loved one, the failure of an engagement, or the willingness to part with a family heirloom may all be overcome with the aid of Worthy’s professional services. We recognize that selling your wedding band may be a challenging task, whether you sell it online or at a brick-and-mortar establishment.
Our major objective at Worthy.com is to make the process as simple, uncomplicated, and stress-free as possible for you.
Our online platform is safe, intelligent, and quick, allowing you to quickly and easily sell the stuff you’ve grown tired of for cash that you can put to use right now. To browse to the various parts below, click on the following links:
- How to sell your wedding band
- Where can you sell your wedding ring
- Why should you sell your wedding ring with Worthy
- Find out how to sell your wedding ring with Worthy. What variables influence the value of your wedding band
- Find out how to acquire a reasonable price for your wedding band.
Every step of the journey, we’ll be available to answer any questions you may have. With our stress-free, customer-centric business approach, you can rely on our staff to assist you in selling your wedding band for the best possible price. Using Worthy was quite simple, and I felt completely at ease. Sierra Fein is a satisfied customer.
Where Can You Sell Your Wedding Ring
When it comes to selling your ring, you have a number of alternatives. Keep in mind where you’ll receive the greatest deal and who you can put your faith in the most—some solutions aren’t as dependable as others, so shop around.
LOCAL JEWELRY STORES
Jewelry stores in your area are one option for selling your wedding band if you live in a small town. The majority of jewelry businesses exist only for the purpose of reselling new jewelry that has been obtained in bulk from wholesalers. There are a few outlets that provide good value for used products, and they are typically extremely safe places to conduct business. There is one major disadvantage in that it may be quite difficult not just to locate a store that is interested in purchasing your wedding band, but also to locate a retailer that is capable of providing a fair market value for your ring.
However, keep in mind that in order to obtain the greatest possible bargain, you will need to shop about, collect quotes, and compare them all to one another.
Jewelry stores in your neighborhood are one option for selling your wedding band locally. The primary function of most jewelry stores is to sell new jewelry that has been acquired in bulk from wholesalers. Few businesses actually provide good value for used things, and they are typically considered to be highly secure places to conduct business. There is one major disadvantage in that it may be quite difficult not just to locate a store that is interested in purchasing your wedding band, but also to locate a retailer that is capable of providing a reasonable market value for your ring.
You should, however, be aware that in order to get the greatest possible bargain, you will need to shop about, acquire quotes, and compare them.
When it comes to selling your wedding band, pawn shops are a viable choice that are comparable to consignment stores. Pawn shops have been around for thousands of years, with everyone from the ancient Greeks and Romans to royalty taking advantage of their services as a convenient way to get cash in exchange for jewels in a short period of time. Pawn shops are now well-regulated and, for the most part, risk-free locations to conduct business. If, on the other hand, you decide to pawn your jewelry, it is unlikely that you would obtain a significant amount of money for it.
In the event that you need to liquidate your wedding rings and convert them into useable cash in a matter of hours or days, pawn shops are a dependable source of extremely rapid cash.
EBay is a terrific location to purchase and sell a variety of items, and it used to be an excellent place to sell wedding rings online when they were in fashion. Many sellers are being let down by low or no offers these days, which leaves them feeling frustrated. Furthermore, trust has become an issue; not with the platform itself, but with buyers who are reluctant to place their faith in sellers who have not built a solid reputation. Only around five percent of the diamond jewelry listed for sale on eBay is purchased, resulting in significant irritation for the vendor.
You, on the other hand, are responsible for everything from photographing and describing your property to covering the fees of insurance, shipping, and other expenses.
Worthy.com is the most reliable website for selling your wedding band online. At Worthy, we take care of everything, from shipping to insurance to professional 3D imaging and all in between. You are protected up to $100,000 during the entire process, and our marketing professionals have the resources and expertise to attract numerous professional, pre-vetted purchasers to bid on your wedding rings, ensuring that you obtain the highest possible price for your diamond engagement ring. Pre-sale assessment by reputable gemological laboratories, such as the Gemological Institute of America (GIA), increases consumer confidence.
Once the bidding has concluded and the transaction has been completed, the funds are transferred to you via the method of your choosing.
We’ve worked hard to establish a respectable, dependable, and trustworthy online presence in the auctioning industry for both buyers and sellers by delivering great service from the beginning to the completion of the auction process.
WHY SELL YOUR WEDDING RING WITH WORTHY?
For the most part, our clients come to us after conducting a fast Google search for where to sell their wedding rings. This is due to the fact that several delighted consumers have submitted fantastic evaluations following their Worthy experience. Mary DeCosta, for example, is a role model. As a result of her personal experience, she is able to explain why so many individuals choose to sell old wedding rings and other unworn jewelry through Worthy’s innovative, high-value auction platform. “I really wanted to sell my wedding band through a reputable company where I could get my ring graded and sold as quickly as possible,” Mary shares.
It wasn’t until I looked at the Worthy company’s website that I understood they were exactly the type of organization I was seeking.
Many clients, like Mary, have expressed their appreciation for elements such as Worthy’s good BBB rating, as well as the auction process itself, which allows numerous purchasers to compete for the things up for bid at the same time. The following are some of Worthy’s advantages:
- Our clients often find us through a simple Google search like “where to sell your wedding band.” For the simple reason that numerous pleased consumers have provided fantastic evaluations following their Worthy purchase. One such person is Mary DeCosta. As a result of her own experience, she is able to explain why so many individuals choose to sell old wedding rings and other unworn jewelry through Worthy’s unique and high-value auction platform. In Mary’s words, “I truly wanted to sell my wedding band through a trustworthy company where I could get my ring graded and sold quickly.” ‘I had some significant house upgrades to do before the winter season began, and I couldn’t afford to squander any time.’ When I had a look at Worthy’s website, I understood that they were precisely the type of firm I had been searching for.” Many clients, like Mary, have expressed their appreciation for elements such as Worthy’s good BBB rating, as well as the auction process itself, which allows numerous bidders to compete for the things up for bid throughout the auction process. These are some of the advantages of Worthy:
We take great satisfaction in providing an exceptionally high level of expertise and customized service to our clients. It is one of the numerous characteristics that distinguish Worthy from the competition. More information regarding our A+ BBB rating may be found here. Seller Protection is guaranteed in full. When it comes to assessing jewels before to auction, we only trust the greatest diamond grading lab in the world, the GIA. Diamonds sold with GIA grading reports are believed to be more precious and can fetch higher prices as a result of their increased value.
Diamonds sold with GIA grading reports are believed to be more precious and can fetch higher prices as a result of their increased value.
HOW TO SELL YOUR WEDDING RING ONLINE WITH WORTHY
- Free secure pickup – Describe your ring and arrange for a safe shipping to be picked up. You may be certain that your property will be sent to our offices through FedEx and fully insured by Lloyd’s of London brokers. After your ring has arrived at our headquarters, it will be checked and entered into our safe tracking system
- We will handle everything else.
- Free secure pickup – Describe your ring and arrange for a safe transport to be picked up at your convenience. Upon arrival at our offices, your property will be transported to us by FedEx and fully insured by Lloyd’s of London brokers
- Upon arrival at our headquarters, your ring is inspected and entered into our safe tracking system
- We handle everything.
- You will be compensated – As offers from vetted professionals arrive, you will determine which one to accept. Upon completion of the auction, you will be reimbursed for the final selling amount less our commission. Select a payment option and receive payment as soon as possible
WHAT DETERMINES A WEDDING RING’S VALUE?
The more information you provide regarding your wedding band when you contact our experts at Worthy to explore selling your wedding ring, the better. The more information we have and the more we understand about the history of the ring, the more equipped we will be to sell it for the highest possible price. In addition, there are a variety of physical elements that influence the value of a wedding ring, including the following:
- The more information you provide regarding your wedding ring when you contact our staff at Worthy to discuss the possibility of selling it, the better. The more information we have and the more we understand about the ring’s history, the better equipped we will be to sell it for the highest potential price. Besides these aspects, there are a variety of physical elements that influence the value of a wedding ring, such as the following:
All of these considerations play a part in determining the amount you will be paid for your wedding band. Your personal account executive, who will be working with you from beginning to end throughout the process, will keep you updated about each of these factors, as well as where your ring sits under each of the categories listed above.
HOW TO GET A FAIR PRICE WHEN SELLING YOUR WEDDING RING
- If there’s one easy, plain explanation why so many individuals choose to sell wedding bands online rather than visiting a local jeweler or pawn shop, it’s this: you’ll receive more offers when you sell online. This makes it much simpler to acquire the genuine market worth of your ring, since fair and competitive offers are generally accompanied by a large number of buyers who are eager to purchase your ring. The architecture of Worthy’s auction platform is founded on the premise that a wider pool of buyers increases the possibility that sellers will receive attractive offers when their items are put up for auction. At the same time, our buyers appreciate Worthy’s open and transparent approach, which allows them to bid with confidence on products that have been graded by the IGI or GIA, among other organizations. By contacting us now, you may find out how much money you could make by selling your wedding ring with Worthy & Company. Answering your questions, guiding you through the selling process, and assisting you in receiving the maximum possible return on your ring are all part of our service.
How to Sell an Engagement Ring
Do you have an engagement ring that you’d like to get rid of but don’t know how? Perhaps you and your lover have chosen to split ways, or you have upgraded to a ring that you even more adore than before. If you don’t want your ring any more, you might as well sell it and make some money. However, determining where to sell your ring might be difficult. How do you know which jeweler to put your confidence in, or how much your jewelry is worth. With the goal of making the process as simple as possible and providing answers to all of your queries, we went out to Mara Opperman, the co-founder ofI Do Now I Don’t, an online marketplace for luxury items that includes engagement rings.
She also gave a tutorial on how to sell your ring as well as professional advice.
Meet the Subject Matter Expert Mara Opperman is the co-founder of I Do Now I Don’t, an online marketplace for the purchase and sale of luxury goods, such as engagement rings and other jewelry.
Should You Sell Your Engagement Ring?
An engagement ring is not simply another piece of jewelry; it is a symbol of love. A lot of emotion and memories are evoked by it. According to Opperman, this suggests that the answer to this question is very personal. “Whatever the reason for wishing to sell your engagement ring, there are several options available to you. Is it because you’re having financial difficulties? Maybe it’s because you’ve just divorced and want to move on with your life. Finally, selling your engagement ring is entirely up to you, and only you will be able to determine whether or not it is a worthwhile endeavor.” Her most important piece of advise is to take your time and think about your decision thoroughly.
Never sell your engagement ring in a rush or just because you need money (there are better, less emotional methods to meet your financial needs! ). “Tap into your emotions before making a decision, since selling your ring before you’re emotionally ready may leave you with regrets,” says Sheila.
How Much Can You Get for Your Engagement Ring?
It is determined by the ring. There are several elements that influence the value of an engagement ring, ranging from the carat to the setting to the age of the diamond. Opperman, on the other hand, believes that there are broad tendencies. “Depending on the ring, it may or may not be possible. However, the majority of the time, we see customers receive anywhere from 40 to 75 percent of the ring’s initial worth.”
How Long Does It Take to Sell an Engagement Ring?
Depending on the ring, the answer is different. From the carat to the setting to the age of the ring, there are several aspects that contribute to the value of a diamond engagement ring. In spite of this, Opperman asserts, “there are certain broad tendencies.” “Depending on the ring, it may or may not be necessary. However, the majority of the time, we see customers receive anywhere from 40 to 75 percent of the ring’s initial worth.”
Ways to Sell an Engagement Ring
As previously said, there are a variety of options available for selling an engagement ring. To complete the transaction swiftly and personally, you can visit a pawn shop or a jewelry store in your neighborhood. You may expect them to assess it and offer you a price on the moment. Among the disadvantages of this technique, according to Opperman, is that these sorts of retailers do not pay as much as other alternatives. “My recommendation is to avoid going to a pawn shop or a local jewelry store because you will not obtain anything near to the value of what you paid for.
“If you want to earn the maximum possible value for your engagement ring, selling your band to another customer is the ideal option,” she acknowledges.
You may sell directly to customers through online marketplaces such as eBay and I Do Now I Don’t.” Remember to conduct thorough study and to be wary of online auction sites that only sell to members of the trade “Opperman offers his advice.
Tips for Selling Your Engagement Ring
‘Before you rush to sell your ring, make sure you check out the quality of the diamond and its 4Cs, which are the four characteristics of a diamond: color, clarity, carat weight, and cut,’ recommends Opperman. “This might be done by a jeweler or an appraiser in your neighborhood.” The more you know about your ring, the better your bargaining position will be when dealing with pawn shops or jewelers. Recognize the worth of your ring and refuse to accept any offers that are less than that.
Do Comparative Research
As Opperman recommends, “go online for identical or comparable engagement rings and see what they are selling for.” That amount will not be your final price, but it will provide you with an estimate of how much your original ring was worth when you bought it.
According to her, “deduct that amount from the purchase because your ring is no longer deemed to be “new.” Most secondhand rings are sold for between 40 and 75 percent of their original worth, as previously stated.
Make Sure You Are Ready
To summarize, keep in mind that your engagement is unique in comparison to another piece of jewelry or any other valuable object. It is dripping with passion; it represents dedication, love, and the prospect of a better future. Do not sell your ring in a hurried manner. Make certain that you are prepared to part with it and that you will not be filled with regret after it is gone.
8 Best Places to Sell Wedding Rings Online of 2022
A wedding ring might serve as a sad reminder of an unhappy moment in your life if your marriage does not work out. You may be able to transform a painful memory into an opportunity for the future if you sell your possession. There are several internet resources available to assist you in accomplishing your goals. So, if you’re ready to let go of your wedding band, have a look at our guide to eight websites that sell wedding rings.
Where to sell wedding rings?
WP Diamonds is headquartered in Birmingham, United Kingdom, and has offices in other countries across the world. They procure jewelry from all around the world, with a particular emphasis on diamond-encrusted wedding rings. They will also acquire non-diamond jewelry from designers such as Tiffany, Cartier, and David Yurman, among others. If your ring falls within this group, they are definitely worth taking into consideration. They can assist you whether you’re looking to sell a single ring, a set of matching bands, or a whole wedding and engagement ring set.
- It will inquire as to what type of metal your ring is composed of, as well as the quantity of diamonds it is set with.
- To supply these information, you’ll need to have a certified diamond on your person.
- You may request an assessment from a jeweler, and the majority of them will deliver one verbally for no charge.
- WP Diamonds, on the other hand, will need physical inspection of your item before making a final offer.
- This will enable you to ship your stuff to them in an insured and completely traceable manner.
- If your jewelry is worth more than the regular insurance limit (which you are, by the way, lucky to have), they can arrange for additional insurance.
- More Information may be found by clicking here.
2. I Do Now I Don’t
In order to sell wedding rings, IDNID – which stands for “I Do Now I Don’t” – a New York-based company provides two options. If you want to sell directly to a buyer, you may do it through their platform, or you can accept an offer from the firm. You are also under no need to make a choice right immediately, either. A direct offer as well as a suggested price to list your jewelry are also options you might consider. Simply submit an email with a description of the jewelry, as well as images if you have them, to the address below.
- All payments are done through the use of a check delivered by the United Parcel Service.
- Payments are made on the 15th of each month following the month in which the sale took place, unless otherwise specified.
- Accepting the direct offer may be more appealing if you need the money sooner rather than later and want to be certain that your ring will sell.
- It will be available on the internet for additional 30 days after that date.
- Offers will be sent to you through email as soon as they are received.
- Depending on the pricing, this will range between 10 and 20 percent of the total.
You will be responsible for shipping your things to IDNID at your expense. It is possible to request a postage label, which will be sent to you at an additional cost. If you’d want to do so, you may do so by contacting their customer care staff. More Information may be found by clicking here.
Worthy is a controlled auction business that caters to clients in the United States who are selling wedding bands or other expensive jewels. Its target clientele are business purchasers who have a lot of money to spend. So you have a decent possibility of selling your ring promptly and for a reasonable price. The first step is for you to submit information about your ring to the company. This may be accomplished through the use of a simple internet form. The focus is on diamonds, with questions pertaining to the setting, cut, color, carat, and clarity of the gems being asked.
- When Worthy has received this information, they will issue you a pre-paid postage label that you may use to return your ring back to the company.
- When they receive your ring, they will clean it and take a professionally taken image of it.
- This provides buyers with the assurance that they are receiving exactly what they ordered.
- You’ll select a reserve price before the auction begins, and if the highest offer does not meet your minimum price, the item will not be sold.
- When the auction begins, you’ll have access to an auction map, which will allow you to see when and where bids are being accepted throughout the auction.
- Upon completion, money is collected instantly and sent to you shortly thereafter.
- Payment can be done using PayPal, bank transfer, or cheque, depending on your preference.
4. Dover JewelryDiamonds
Dover JewelryDiamonds is a great option if you want to sell your jewelry online without having to manage the auction listings yourself. They will take care of the procedure of listing your wedding ring on several websites in exchange for a little charge. They, like Worthy, make use of platforms such as eBay – for which they serve as the sole consignment partner – Etsy, and 1stdibs to sell their wares. You will not be charged anything until your ring is sold. When it does, the cost will be depending on the price it is able to get.
- Start by sending an email to the firm with information on your wedding band as well as your contact information.
- They will examine your ring and contact you with instructions on what to do next with it.
- After that, they will prepare your ring for sale.
- The fact that Dover is regarded as a reputable vendor is a significant benefit when selling your ring.
- Dover has received only favorable comments on eBay and has earned the title of “titanium seller.” This also implies that they are in a good position to obtain the highest possible price for your valuables.
They are based in the United States, but they ship to customers all around the world. The speed with which your item will sell cannot be predicted in advance. When it occurs, though, you will be paid within 35 days of the transaction. More Information may be found by clicking here.
If paying a middleman isn’t your thing, you may always go straight to the source and locate your clients. This can only be accomplished through the use of eBay. It’s simple to list your wedding ring on Etsy, especially if you already have an account. Alternatively, you’ll need to put one up — but proceed with caution. In the event that you’re not a seasoned buyer or seller, and you don’t currently have testimonials from delighted clients, you’ll be at a distinct disadvantage. When it comes to eBay, trust is everything.
- Aside from that, they’ll want to make certain that they’re getting what they’ve paid for.
- However, if you already have an account with a good feedback score, you have nothing to lose by trying it out.
- If this occurs, a commission of ten percent is due.
- In addition, keep a look out for special promotions.
- When it comes to selling pricey things, such as your wedding ring, these may provide fantastic value for money.
- Offering a “buy it now” pricing or advertising your jewelry in more than one category are two examples of these strategies.
- However, if you’re willing to put in the effort, the overall cost will be far less than the commission paid by consignment firms.
6. Old Northeast Jewelers
More than three decades have passed since the establishment of the Florida company Old Northeast Jewelers. They provide online rates for jewelry made of gold, silver, and diamonds. They also claim to be able to give the best pricing in the region for the jewels that they purchase. In order to offer information about your ring and your contact information, you may fill out a straightforward form on the website. Photographs can also be uploaded if you want to offer a more precise foundation for the evaluation.
If you live in the Tampa or St.
To make plans, simply call the company and speak with someone on the phone.
7. Diamond Brothers
More than three decades have passed since Old Northeast Jewelers opened its doors in Florida. Their website provides online quotes for jewelry made of gold, silver, and diamonds. Their website states that they buy jewelry at the greatest prices in the region, which they claim to be the case. You may supply information about your ring, as well as your contact information, using a simple form on the website. Adding images to the appraisal will allow you to offer a more accurate basis for the evaluation.
In addition, you may share images via Twitter or Facebook with your friends. If you live in the Tampa or St. Petersburg areas, you may also schedule a home visit with us at your convenience. To make preparations, all you have to do is call the company. More Information is available by clicking here.
8. The Luxury Hut
If you’re in the United Kingdom or Europe, The Luxury Hut, a London-based company, is well worth your time. Hatton Garden is home to their store, which is located in the jewelry area. If you’re able to visit them in person with your jewelry, they’ll be able to pay you in cash right away. In addition to cash, other modes of payment can be established according on your preferences. The entire procedure of valuing and paying for the property may be completed online as well. You may fill out a quick form to submit your contact information as well as information about your ring.
Finally, the object will be appraised in person before the final worth can be determined for it.
They can arrange for a courier to fetch the most precious goods on your behalf.
Paying through bank transfer is the most common method, and the entire procedure is quick and straightforward.
Is it time to sell your wedding ring?
It is important not to rush into selling a wedding band since it is a tough and emotional decision. However, if you’re ready to move on, there are several wonderful websites that will provide you with a reasonable price. There is almost always a trade-off between the ease with which the procedure may be completed and the price you will receive at the end of it. In the event that you’re a seasoned seller who is comfortable displaying your jewelry and interacting with purchasers directly, eBay is a terrific value.
And for transactions that are assured, contact experienced jewelry buyers for a transaction that is straightforward and quick.
Why You Will Lose Money Selling Your Diamond Ring
- We are entirely funded by our readers. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our affiliate links, we may receive a commission. Find out more.
Deals are on the way! James Allen is offering a 25% discount on settings, while Blue Nile is offering a 15% discount!
Here is How to Sell Your Diamond Ring
To get the most money for your diamond ring, follow these steps:
- Keep in mind that you will not receive a refund for the money you spent on it. It is not recommended that you visit pawn shops or local jewelry stores. Make an attempt to do it yourself, but be prepared to wait
- Abe Moroff offers the most competitive pricing for second-hand diamonds.
Please fill out the form below to provide us information about your diamond, which we will pass along to a prospective buyer. In response to a frequently asked question from one of our readers As an editor of our website, you will occasionally have the pleasure of creating an article that is a direct answer to the most often asked questions by our readers. When dealing with the large number of email inquiries we receive, it’s always useful to have an article ready to go that either directly answers the reader’s question or, at the very least, helps the reader gain a better grasp of the subject under discussion.
What can I do to ensure that I receive the best deal possible? “Is there any possibility for me to make a profit?” says the entrepreneur. Of course, the response is usually always a resounding “no,” and the purpose of this piece is to explain why.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY TO SELL A DIAMOND RING?
Begin with the most likely scenario, which is the most likely situation. Unfortunately, the majority of consumers still purchase their diamond rings from traditional brick-and-mortar jewelry stores. Let’s also assume the best-case situation within the subset of physical jewelry stores – the tiny independent jeweler (not affiliated with a chain) that specializes in GIA-certified diamonds and solely sells them. Profit percentages of 25 percent are likely to be the best (and, thus, the lowest) you’ll see in this situation.
How much can I sell my diamond ring for?
Please bear with me while I go into some technical details. For the sake of this exercise, let’s pretend that the diamond ring was purchased from a jewelry store for $100 (currency isn’t important; just relative values are important here). With a 25 percent profit margin, it implies the amount you paid was 125 cents per dollar. Let’s be kind and say that the price of diamonds has increased by 10% since the diamond was acquired in question. So, theoretically, you’re only losing 12 percent of your money at this time.
- However, it is at this point that those who are wanting to sell diamonds begin to experience painful realizations — who do you turn to in order to sell a diamond at the present “market price?” Unfortunately, there is no one who can answer this question.
- When set in a ring, these diamonds seem to be similar.
- Which one is it, then?
- Choose the diamond that you want and discover whether you have what it takes to be a Pro!
WHERE TO SELL DIAMONDS
Consider the following scenario: you stroll into a jewelry store that is comparable to the one where you purchased the diamond. That diamond was most likely on consignment when they paid 100 for it at the time of the original transaction (ie, they borrowed it from a wholesaler, so it cost them nothing). This suggests that the genuine cost of the diamond was substantially less than the 100 dollars they paid for it on paper when they bought it. If they decide to purchase your diamond, they will do it for a low price.
Furthermore, in this industry, the ties that exist between suppliers and customers are quite significant.
Furthermore, virtually everybody in the company who has dealt with a private seller understands that this is a fantastic opportunity to purchase a product at a significant discount to the market pricing.
In general, it’s quite improbable. I have yet to come across an instance in which a jeweler would be obligated to purchase a diamond at market value when he could get an identical diamond at the same price from any one of hundreds of wholesalers (with better payment terms).
It will be much worse if you try to sell it to a pawn shop because their selling prices are already expected to be substantially below the market, and their costs must be extremely low in order to justify their cheap prices.
You might always try to reach out to the customer directly. Craigslist comes with its own set of dangers. You might try to sell it on eBay or other peer-to-peer selling websites, but no buyer will be motivated to give you the same price you spent when they can just go to a shop and get the identical item with warranties, packing, and other added benefits.
Your Best Case Scenario
After diamond prices have gained by 10%, you could be able to sell your diamond for 90 dollars, leaving you with a loss of 28 percent (125-90=35 percent total loss), according to my estimations. (35/125 Represents a 28 percent reduction in value). Selling your diamond soon after obtaining it would result in the best case scenario of selling your diamond for 80 percent of what you paid for it, or a loss of 36 percent. Again, this is based on the very best-case scenario of purchasing brick-and-mortar property.
BENEFITS OF SELLING A DIAMOND BOUGHT ONLINE
What if you were to purchase the exact same stone online? As we will explain below, this means that you obtained far more value for your money when you purchased the diamond in the first place. This will assist you in minimizing your losses. As an illustration, consider the following diamonds. The following items are available for purchase: a stunning diamond from James Allen for $5,500 and an excellent alternative from Blue Nile for $5,581. Both of these diamonds are exceptional options that would have cost you around $6,500 if purchased from a local jeweler.
2. Return Windows and Upgrade Policies
Consider the possibility that you purchased the same stone over the internet. For the reasons explained in this article, purchasing the diamond in the first place was a significantly superior investment. Your losses will be lessened as a result of this action. To illustrate, consider these diamonds: Beautiful diamond from James Allen is available for $5,500. A terrific option from Blue Nile is available for $5,581 and is seen below. You would have paid around $6,500 for either of these diamonds had you purchased them from a local jeweler.
The Best Way to Sell Your Diamond Online
Several big online diamond selling choices were subjected to a covert test conducted by us recently. We acquired a diamond ring from TiffanyCo for other objectives (creating films and keeping our evaluations up to date), and we took advantage of the chance to learn more about the company’s operations on the other side. Here are the results of the poll. It was a 0.53ct round diamond set in a classic Tiffany solitaire setting that we utilized for the engagement ring. We paid $4,500 for it when we first bought it.
The only issue was, how much was it?
Tiffany diamond rings are exorbitantly costly, and they provide very little value for money. The reason there was such a significant disparity between the price we spent and the amount we were able to sell it for was because of this.
White Pine: This tree is in the back of the pack. This was by far the most affordable deal. After contacting them through their website, I received a succinct quote ranging between $900 and $1,000. I answered by stating that it was brand new and came with all of the Tiffany documentation. Mark slammed the door shut, stating that there was no way they would go any higher than that. Sending it to them was a waste of our time, especially considering the other offers we received. The center of the pack is deserving of mention.
- Worthy operates with a unique business strategy.
- As we explain in our review, we are not lovers of this particular model.
- That was BEFORE they were appointed to their positions.
- Abe Mor: Without a doubt, the victor.
- The fact that this was a Tiffany ring meant that there was little doubt about its quality (unlike some other shops or independent certificates, Tiffany’s grading and quality control is legendary).
- There is no need to go through the trouble of an auction.
- Offers on a half-ct Tiffany & Co.
Not Just our Secret Test
In the background, there’s a white pine. To be clear, this was not the lowest offer made. The company responded quickly to my inquiry through their website, offering me a quote between $900 and $1,000. As a response, I stated that the item was brand new and came with all of the Tiffany documentation. Mark slammed the door shut, stating that there was no way they could go any higher than that. Sending it to them was a waste of time, given the previous offers we had received. The center of the pack is deserving of consideration.
- Its business model is distinct from that of Worthy.
- As we explain in our review, we are not lovers of this model.
- the highest offer was $1,458.
- The bid would have been something in the neighborhood of $1,200 once the fee was taken out.
- We received an estimate within 24 hours after sending them a message with the necessary information.
Abe Mor made a $1,850 counter-offer. An auction is not required, nor is there any inconvenience. Simply said, cash is king! Half-cent coinage is being offered. Tiffany & Co.’s Classic Solitaire diamond engagement ring
What is a Diamond’s “Market Price?”
Although I’ve mentioned this phrase a few times in this post, the fact is that there isn’t a precise explanation for what it signifies. In this article, you can see that there is a distinction between a consignment price, a cash price, and a price with flexible payment terms. There are also “call prices” (the price a store will pay a dealer when they “call” the dealer with a specific request to sell to a customer who is ready to buy this particular item) and “business prices” (the price a store will pay a dealer when they “call” the dealer with a specific request to sell to a customer who is ready to buy this particular item) (a lower price negotiated when many diamonds are bought together).
Prices and risks on the market differ from one another.
Due to the fact that it necessitates an immediate expenditure of funds in return for just the chance of a future sale, this pricing is the lowest available.
For example, if your diamond is a less popular cut, or if it has an unsightly inclusion, or if it is a difficult item for a retailer to sell for any reason, you can anticipate taking a considerably larger blow when attempting to sell it.
Can I sell my setting, too?
Yes, you are free to sell both your diamond and your jewelry setting. If you purchase your diamond and setting via Abe Mor Diamonds, they will take care of the resale for you. Keep in mind that your jewelry setting will be worth more than the scrap gold price. It doesn’t really matter how much money you spent for an original piece of jewelry like this one from James Allen; it will all end up being melted down and used as scrap gold. What is the reason behind this? For the most part, everyone want to have a design that is unique to them.
While selling your ring for scrap gold results in a financial loss, at the very least you are able to recoup a portion of your investment.
If the ring has a worth of $1,000, for example, a retailer will offer to purchase it for around $500 less than its actual value.
As a result, instead of receiving $500 for the $1,000 scrap gold value, you would receive $750. In our sell-gold-for-cash essay, we explained how selling gold works and how you might go about doing so. Find out more about how to market your setting by visiting this page.
Tips on How to Sell a Diamond Ring
Are you prepared to sell? Selling a diamond ring is not a particularly difficult procedure provided you have reasonable expectations about the price you will receive. If you’re considering selling your home, follow these suggestions for a more straightforward selling process:
Be realistic regarding the value of your ring
It has already been explained that you will not receive the amount you paid for your ring, even if it is in perfect condition. Be realistic in your price from the start, and be prepared to accept the possibility of selling at a loss.
Avoid pawn shops
When you sell your diamond ring to a pawn shop, you will never receive an honest price for it. As a result, you’ll most likely receive an offer for only a fraction of the diamond’s true worth, if at all.
Avoid local jewelry stores
When you sell your diamond ring to a pawn shop, you will never receive an honest price for it. The most likely outcome is that you will receive an offer that is worth little more than a fraction of the diamond’s true value.
Do consider selling online
At a pawn shop, you will never receive a reasonable price for your diamond ring. As a result, you’ll most likely receive an offer for a fraction of the diamond’s true worth, at the very most.
Be prepared to wait if you sell privately
Selling on eBay or Craigslist is a possibility, and it may result in a little higher profit margin than selling somewhere else. Although pre-owned diamond rings seldom sell fast (particularly at close to retail pricing), it is possible that you may have to wait a long time before finding a buyer for your jewelry item.
Diamond Resale Value
It is possible for the resale value of a diamond to fluctuate significantly based on its carat weight, color, cut quality, clarity, and a variety of other criteria. Our guide on diamond resale value goes into further detail about the important aspects that influence the value of a diamond at the time of sale.
How Much Do Pawn Shops Pay for Diamond Rings?
The majority of pawn shops will typically pay between 30 and 60% of the value of a diamond. Adding in the regular retail markup that is applied to most diamonds, you’ll often receive an offer that is just a fraction of the cost you spent for your diamond ring when it was originally purchased. The reason pawn shops pay such a low price for diamonds is straightforward: their business strategy necessitates them purchasing your diamond at a cheap price in order to earn a profit. We go into further information about this in our guide to selling diamond rings at a pawn shop, which is available online.
SELLING A DIAMOND RING: CONCLUSION
If you want to sell your diamond ring for the greatest money possible, we propose Abe Mor. Cash prices are determined by the likelihood that your diamond will remain on the shop shelves for years to come; the greater the likelihood that this will occur, the less a retailer will be prepared to pay for your diamond. For those who have a diamond that they would want to sell, please complete and submit the form below, and we will forward the information to our contact in the diamond district. a little about the authorMike learnt the diamond industry from the ground up while working at Leo Schachter Diamonds, which is one of the world’s leading diamond producers.
In addition to Time, People, Money, the Daily Mirror, NerdWallet, the Times Herald, Yahoo Finance Australia, the Art of Charm, the Washington Diplomat, and The Next Web, he has been acknowledged as a diamond industry expert by a variety of publications.
Still afraid of getting ripped off?
Before making a diamond purchase, get personal purchasing guidance from diamond industry professionals. We’ll assist you in obtaining the most valuable diamond for your money.
Ask your diamond purchase question here
DISCLAIMER: We will not use your email address for marketing purposes. Period.