How much should I Sell my Wedding Dress for?
- How much you can sell your used wedding dress for depends on a number of factors. As a general rule of thumb, a used wedding dress in great condition and under two years old can usually sell for 50% of the retail price. If your dress is a designer brand such as Vera Wang, you can get closer to 60% of the retail value.
- 1 How much should you sell your wedding dress for?
- 2 Is it hard to sell wedding dress?
- 3 Is there a market for used wedding dresses?
- 4 Why would someone sell their wedding dress?
- 5 How can I sell my wedding dress online?
- 6 How can I sell my dress?
- 7 Can I sell my wedding dress on poshmark?
- 8 Does David’s Bridal do trade ins?
- 9 Who buys the wedding dress traditionally?
- 10 Who buys the wedding dress?
- 11 Is still white a legit website?
- 12 Reselling Your Wedding Dress: How To Sell & The Best Platforms
- 13 How to PriceCare for Your Dress
- 14 Take Quality Photos
- 15 How Long Will It Take to Sell?
- 16 The Best Resale Platforms
- 17 So You’d Rather Donate Your Wedding Dress?
- 18 Where (and How) to Sell or Donate Your Wedding Dress
- 19 Tips for Selling Your Dress
- 20 Tips for Buying a Used Dress
- 21 How Much Can Dresses Sell For?
- 22 Where to Sell or Buy a Used Dress
- 23 Where to Donate Your Dress
- 24 How (and Where!) to Buy or Sell a Used Wedding Dress
- 25 Tips for Selling Used Wedding Dresses
- 26 Tips for Buying Used Wedding Dresses
- 27 Where to Buy and Sell Used Wedding Dresses Online
- 28 How (and Where?!) Can I Sell My Wedding Dress?
- 29 Tips for Selling Your Wedding Dress
- 30 Sell your wedding dress on Stillwhite
- 31 Start selling today
- 32 The Best Places to Buy or Sell Used Wedding Dresses Online
- 33 The Best Places to Sell Your Wedding Dress Online
- 34 Other Options for Selling Your Wedding Dress Online
- 35 Selling a Wedding Dress Locally
- 36 How To Sell Your Wedding Dress in 6 Steps
- 36.1 Step No. 1: Get your wedding dress professionally cleaned
- 36.2 Step No. 2: Provide ample pictures of your wedding dress
- 36.3 Step No. 3: Choose where you sell your wedding dress carefully
- 36.4 Step No. 4: Be precise about the details of your wedding dress
- 36.5 Step No. 5: Research wedding dress pricing
- 36.6 Step No. 6: Insure before you ship the wedding dress
- 37 The Afterglow of Selling My Wedding Dress
- 38 9 of the Best Places to Sell Your Wedding Dress for Cash
- 39 The Top Sites to Sell Your Wedding Dress Online
- 40 Where to Sell Your Wedding Dress Locally
- 41 Tips for Selling Your Used Wedding Dress Online
- 42 How Much Can I Sell My Used Wedding Dress For?
- 43 How Long Will It Take to Sell My Wedding Dress?
How much should you sell your wedding dress for?
At what price should I list my gown? As a general rule of thumb, a used gown that’s in great condition and less than 2 1/2 years old can sell for 50 percent of the retail price. Gowns from recognizable names like Vera Wang and Monique Lhullier can sell for 60-70 percent of the retail value.
Is it hard to sell wedding dress?
– Selling wedding gowns online takes more effort than selling other items. – Although you can price your gown yourself, you typically only get around 40-50% of what you paid for it originally. – Run the risk of being scammed out of money.
Is there a market for used wedding dresses?
The marketplace for preloved dresses is growing, and we think it’s time to get you on board! Wedding dress-specific sites like Still White will offer you a greater return and better chance for a serious buyer, while other sites like Nearly Newlywed will handle most of the work for you.
Why would someone sell their wedding dress?
This extra cash you will get from selling a wedding dress can be used to pay off your debts, invest in stocks, or funding a retirement plan. Many modern brides find that they want to recoup some money and put it toward a honeymoon, new home, baby preparations, or debt acquired from the wedding day itself.
How can I sell my wedding dress online?
Where to Sell or Buy a Used Dress
- Nearly Newlywed: $25 listing fee and 40% commission for hassle-free selling.
- Tradesy: 19.8% commission fee on sales over $50.
- Still White: one-time $20 fee; $30 for a premium listing.
- PreOwned Wedding Dresses: $25 listing fee.
- Poshmark: 20% flat commission fee.
- Wedding Bee: no fee.
How can I sell my dress?
Make some of that money back by selling your dress to the next round of prom-goers. Here are all the places you can sell your prom dress online in exchange for fast cash.
- eBay. Yup, your mom’s favorite bargain spot is a great place for selling literally anything, including prom dresses.
- 5. Facebook.
Can I sell my wedding dress on poshmark?
Poshmark is another app and website where you can sell your used clothes. It mostly focuses on mall and designer brands but isn’t as picky as Tradesy. It’s easy to create a listing with the app. You’ll have to pay a 20% commission fee when you sell your wedding dress on Poshmark.
Does David’s Bridal do trade ins?
Exchanges: You can exchange items purchased at any of our U.S. or Canada locations up to 60 days after receipt of merchandise. If the exchange value is greater than the original price paid, the customer will pay the difference.
Who buys the wedding dress traditionally?
Wedding Attire Bride and family pay for bride’s dress, veil, accessories and trousseau (read: lingerie and honeymoon clothes). Groom and family pay for groom’s outfit. All attendants pay for their own clothing, including shoes.
Who buys the wedding dress?
The bride’s side of the family traditionally pays for the bride’s and bridesmaid’s dresses. Although more and more, bridesmaids are paying for their own dress.
Is still white a legit website?
StillWhite provides a secure experience for shoppers, and I highly recommend checking for your dream dress here if you’re open to a used dress. Stillwhite is a wonderful bridal resale website. They offer secure pay methods between members and their site is easy to maneuver.
Reselling Your Wedding Dress: How To Sell & The Best Platforms
‘What do I do with my wedding dress?’ is one of the most often asked questions by brides following their wedding day. We’ve discovered that, while there are solutions for cleaning and preserving your wedding gown, a growing percentage of modern brides are more interested in how to sell their wedding gown. After all, who wouldn’t want a little extra cash to spend on a romantic getaway, new house furnishings, or a swanky new outfit? Wedding gown reselling or donation is perfectly acceptable to us since it is an environmentally friendly option to reduce waste during the manufacturing process while also recouping a portion of your wedding expenses.
With the rise in popularity of online wedding dress buying comes an increase in the demand for second-hand or pre-owned wedding gowns, which is already high.
Depending on your requirements as a vendor, each online platform offers a unique set of capabilities.
For those who just want to free up some wardrobe space while also doing a little good for the environment, consider donating your garment instead of selling it.
How to PriceCare for Your Dress
If your gown is brand new (purchased within the previous two years), you may expect to get around 50% of the original purchase price. This is due to the fact that brides opting for these popular styles are searching for newer dresses. Depending on whether your gown is labeled with a designer name, or even a prominent indie label (we’re looking at you, Grace Loves Lace! ), you may be able to charge a bit more for it! Designer brands to highly sought-after independent designs that have been discontinued may all be found within the selection of second-hand wedding gowns.
They will also assist you in determining a reasonable selling price, depending on the platform you choose.
The cost of this service will be a few hundred dollars, but it will ensure that your gown is in the greatest possible condition and hence much more appealing to the bride who will be purchasing it.
Take Quality Photos
Consider it to be the same as doing your shopping online.
The chances are that you would not acquire something if the specifics weren’t clearly depicted in clear photos. You might attach photographs from your wedding to demonstrate how stunning this gown appears on a woman’s figure and to assist the next bride in visualizing it on her wedding day.
How Long Will It Take to Sell?
Again, depending on the specifics of your dress, it may sell immediately or it may take many months to sell. This is due to the fact that what women are seeking for changes seasonally and may be influenced by the designer, price, size, and style of your gown, to name a few factors. Since the majority of online platforms do not need that you re-list your gown, you are free to keep it on the market for however long it takes.
The Best Resale Platforms
Using a platform can safeguard you from any type of fraud or online scams that could occur. It also guarantees that both you and the buyer adhere to the terms and conditions of the site, removing any possibility of misunderstanding. Sites such as Nearly Newlywed will handle any buyer queries and will only contact you when your dress sells. Most sites require the buyer to pay for shipping, and most sites will provide you with mailing labels to make your life a bit simpler as a seller. Almost a newlywed couple You simply submit images, dimensions, and a description of your gown, and they do the rest.
- This involves responding to buyer inquiries and coordinating shipment arrangements.
- White is still the dominant color.
- Buyers can make bids to negotiate the price, request further images, and you can choose how you want to proceed with the finalization of the transaction.
- Everyone will have an easy time searching for gowns because they can be found in a variety of price ranges and condition levels.
- Once a Couple Is Married Because of a $20 listing charge, this site functions much in the same way as the others, and it keeps your garment on the market until it sells.
- It will assist you in creating an invoice through PayPal that will include both the shipping label and the payment, making the purchasing procedure as simple as possible for both parties involved.
- Wedding gowns that have already been worn This website costs a $25 listing fee, after which you retain the remainder of the revenue.
- They’ve championed the #1 Google listing, ensuring that your listing will be noticed by a huge audience of qualified buyers and potential purchasers.
- eBay Although it’s a bit hit or miss, advertising your dress on Ebay might be quite beneficial to your designer garment because Ebay relies on specialized searches.
While they will deduct around 10% from the final price, they will also provide you with seller protection, shipping labels, and 24/7 customer service.
So You’d Rather Donate Your Wedding Dress?
Look especially in your local region for any wedding businesses that accept dress donations and operate on a donation basis. In addition to local thrift stores, organizations such as Brides For A Cause accept donated gowns and utilize the proceeds to raise donations for women’s-focused charities. They might have certain requirements that you must meet, but it’s a fantastic method to free up room in your own closet. Brides for a Cause is a non-profit organization that organizes weddings for a good cause.
- You don’t reside in the area?
- It is estimated that over 80% of their net revenues is donated to local and national women’s-focused nonprofits.
- Brides Are a Force for Good They have a beautiful, hand-selected assortment of one-of-a-kind and designer outfits as well as rare and vintage dresses to offer their customers.
- Consequently, you are contributing to a more sustainable climate as well as to a more sustainable environment.
- Explore ourTravelsection to find the greatest destinationshows to help you plan your perfect vacation.
Where (and How) to Sell or Donate Your Wedding Dress
If you’re thinking about selling or donating your wedding gown after the big day, or if you’re interested in purchasing a pre-owned gown to save money, you’re not alone. In order to better understand the large second-hand wedding dress market, we reached out to industry veteran Erin Richardson to provide her advice and perspective.
Tips for Selling Your Dress
In the words of Richardson, “the most crucial thing you can do to advertise your outfit is to include high-quality photographs.” Include images from your wedding so that women can see how it photographs and imagine how it will look on their own special day. Aside from that, most gowns appear better on a person than they do hanging on a rack. In the event that you are not comfortable displaying your wedding images, send some shots of the dress on your body so that other brides may get a sense of how the fabric drapes.
This is a significant financial and emotional investment for purchasers, so take the time to respond to queries, give extra information, and alleviate any worries as soon as possible after they arise.
Cover your bases.
When it comes to the transaction, always take money through trusted channels, and keep detailed records of your communications with the buyer in case there is a disagreement.
Finally, be honest with yourself and try to recall what it was like when you were making the decision regarding your wedding dress selection.
Be honest about changes, stains, and other flaws, and be kind when dealing with nervous brides; remember, you were once in their shoes, just as they are.
Tips for Buying a Used Dress
To choose the perfect wedding dress, whether it is secondhand or new, the initial step is trying on a variety of dresses. Visit your local boutique to limit down your choices in terms of styles, designers, and sizes. Sign up for notifications to be alerted as soon as someone posts your dream dress for sale, or browse for comparable outfits if you already know what you’re searching for.
Be smart and steadfast.
You should act quickly after you’ve found something that meets your needs, but don’t be afraid to ask questions when necessary. While the most sought-after designers and designs tend to sell out quickly, it is important to be strategic while browsing for and negotiating the purchase of one of these desired dresses. Ask for further images of the dress’s condition (zippers, adjustments, staining, etc.) and inquire about the seller’s willingness to accept it back if it does not fit or appear to be as advertised.
Protect your purchase.
Finally, when it comes time to complete your purchase, only utilize reputable payment methods such as Paypal, which protects both the buyer and the seller from fraudulent activity.
How Much Can Dresses Sell For?
Whether you’re purchasing or selling a previously purchased gown, you must be realistic about the price. According to Richardson, “While 10 percent of designer gowns resell for more than $2,500, 70 percent of secondhand dresses are priced at $1,000 or less, which is something to keep in mind when pricing your gown.” Investigate the market to discover what other similar used dresses are selling for, taking into account aspects such as age, use, and designer. If you’re on the fence about purchasing a pre-owned dress, keep in mind that worn gowns aren’t inherently out of date.
The remaining 37 percent of all dresses sold are brand new.
Where to Sell or Buy a Used Dress
After you’ve made the decision to buy or sell your wedding dress, you may be wondering where you should begin your search. You should consider using a number of different websites, especially if you need to sell or acquire your garment rapidly. A commission is usually taken from the sale by the website, and the amount varies depending on how hands-on you want to be during the transaction.
- A $25 listing fee and a 40 percent commission for a hassle-free selling experience for the nearly newlyweds
- Tradesy charges a commission of 19.8 percent on purchases over $50. Still White charges a one-time fee of $20, with a premium listing costing $30. Pre-owned wedding gowns are subject to a $25 listing fee. Poshmark: 20 percent flat commission fee
- Wedding Bee: no fee
- Wore It Once: $20 listing fee
- Sell My Wedding Dress: $19.97 for a basic listing
- $29.97 for a premium listing
- Once Wed: $19.95 listing fee
A $25 listing fee and a 40% commission for a hassle-free sale for an almost newlywed couple. Tradersy charges a commission of 19.8 percent on sales of $50 or more. Still White charges a one-time price of $20, with a premium listing costing an additional $30. A $25 listing fee is charged for pre-owned wedding gowns. Poshmark charges a flat 20 percent commission fee. There is no charge for the Wedding Bee. Previously Worn Once: $20 listing fee; If you want to sell your wedding dress, the cost is $19.97 for a basic listing and $29.97 for a premium listing.
Where to Donate Your Dress
Donating your dress is another excellent way to pay it forward; consider donating to the charities listed below:
- Consider donating your dress to one of the charities listed below as another way to pay it forward.
How (and Where!) to Buy or Sell a Used Wedding Dress
Check through our assessments of the finest websites for reselling preowned wedding gowns to find your dream dress. Third-party items have been incorporated to assist you in navigating and enjoying life’s most important moments. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our affiliate links, we may receive a commission. It’s understandable that if you’re in the market to sell your wedding dress or are seeking to buy a used one, you’d be tempted to resort to huge online auction sites such as Ebay or Craigslist.
Check out our purchasing and selling suggestions for used wedding dresses, as well as our assessments of the finest used wedding dress websites, in the sections below.
Tips for Selling Used Wedding Dresses
Selling your old wedding dress is a simple method to reclaim some of the money you spent on your wedding, whether you’re not the emotional kind or you’re just financially astute. As an alternative to selling your dress to a thrift store, try putting your dress online, where it will reach a larger number of possible customers and can be more readily shared and advertised than selling it to a thrift store would be. A worn wedding dress in excellent condition that is less than two years old may often be sold for 50% of the retail price of a new one.
- Some consignment websites also include tools to assist you in determining how much to charge.
- Presentation, on the other hand, is important.
- Also, consider having it professionally cleaned – according to Nearly Newlywed, a popular used wedding dress resale website, it will sell twice as quickly if it is cleaned.
Tips for Buying Used Wedding Dresses
Purchasing a used wedding dress might be a bit of a gamble, but as long as you’re cautious, it can be a cost-effective method to get a designer wedding dress for half the price of a new dress. Furthermore, if you are fortunate enough to find a preowned wedding dress from someone with a similar body type, you may not have to make as many changes as you would otherwise, which reduces your expenditures. Did we mention that purchasing pre-owned wedding gowns is also environmentally friendly? It is a fantastic method of reducing and reusing waste.
Here are a few pointers: Due to the fact that your dress will very certainly need to be custom-tailored to your specific body type, purchasing a larger size is more convenient in terms of adjustments.
Furthermore, because you’re obtaining the wedding dress at a bargain, you may invest part of the money you save into making sure it fits like a glove when you get it (and someextra dry-cleaningif necessary).
Some further words of wisdom: Before making a purchase, thoroughly research your site’s or salon’s authentication and return policies before making a decision. In this way, you’ll know precisely what to expect if your dress is destroyed or misrepresented throughout the event.
Where to Buy and Sell Used Wedding Dresses Online
Nearly Newlywed is a hybrid of a used wedding dress store and an inspiring blog that saves sellers time and worry by managing all customer interactions and delivery. The application procedure is straightforward and quick: Sellers should just provide their measurements, as well as a description of their wedding dress and photographs of their gown. Upon approval of their advertisement, Nearly Newlywed takes care of the rest, including addressing any customer queries and sending the dress straight to the buyer.
- Bonus: The website also sells jewelry and accessories that are relevant to weddings.
- This cutting-edge marketplace makes the process of listing secondhand wedding gowns for sale (and purchasing them!) as simple as possible.
- When it comes to selling, once your application is approved, your job is done for the day.
- However, you are paying for unrivaled convenience as well as a customer service staff that you can rely on.
Other Websites to Buy and Sell Used Wedding Dresses
Tradesy: Tradesy is a fashion-forward website targeted toward designer labels. It has a simplified layout and a speedy listing procedure that makes it easy to sell your items. The website has been designed to seem like a high-end retailer’s website (think: NET-A-PORTER or Shopbop for preowned wedding dresses and other brand name items). Searches may be conducted for used wedding gowns by label, size, style (such as “formal,” “retro,” and “destination”), and other criteria. Tradesy charges a 20 percent fee on all transactions and guarantees timely payment to its customers.
- If you’re buying, Tradesy offers a money-back guarantee if the wedding goods you purchase are not legitimate, which alleviates some of the stress associated with the used wedding dress purchasing process.
- In this easy website, the nitty gritty is revealed and visitors may explore by dress condition, removing the mystique from the used wedding dress shopping experience (after all, a sample dress is usually more worn than something brand new).
- Despite the fact that there is an initial price to make a listing, the website does not take a commission, allowing sellers to keep almost all of their sales.
- The site has a huge assortment and has been around since 2004.
- However, there are certain expenses associated with using the site’s suggested and secure payment methods.
Even though it can be more difficult to navigate than other secondhand wedding dress websites, PreOwned Wedding Dresses has some additional benefits: you can buy and sell wedding party dresses in addition to wedding dresses, and there are a plethora of helpful wedding dress FAQs and an inspiration blog to check out.
Do you want to purchase or sell anything in person? Locate local consignment shops in your region by doing a web search.
How (and Where?!) Can I Sell My Wedding Dress?
The price at which you sell your wedding gown might vary based on a variety of circumstances. You should take a number of factors into consideration when determining how much to charge for your wedding dress.
The state of the dress is, without a doubt, the most important consideration. You’re likely to be in outstanding shape because you only wore the garment once (or maybe not at all). However, catastrophes on wedding days may occur, and as the vendor, you should be upfront about any tears or stains on the dress that you discover. When it comes to secondhand gowns, brides still want something in excellent condition, therefore any damage must be taken into consideration when determining the price.
As soon as you can, you’ll want to put your wedding dress on the market. Used wedding gowns that are less than two and a half years old sell for more money than those that are older. Generally speaking, secondhand gowns in excellent condition that are only a few years old can be sold for fifty percent of their original retail price, according to industry standards. As a dress ages, the amount it may be sold for drops, especially if the style of the dress is no longer trendy or in demand.
Designer dresses will command a higher price than non-designer gowns on the market. The clothing may sell for sixty to seventy percent of its original price if it had a well-known label attached to it, for example.
You may use resale websites to find comparable gowns for sale and use that information to determine a reasonable price for your gown. This can give you an indication of how much the competition is charging for their products. Always keep in mind that just though certain gowns are advertised at a given price does not guarantee that they will sell for that amount. Many brides are interested in purchasing used dresses, so you’ll most likely be able to sell your dress fast for or around the price you like, as long as it’s sensible.
Tips for Selling Your Wedding Dress
Now that you have a broad idea of how much you should ask for your wedding dress, here are some more considerations to keep in mind when selling your gown.
Be Honest About the Condition
Take good photographs of your garment so that potential purchasers can see precisely what they are purchasing. You must be absolutely honest about any damage, including rips or stains, that has occurred. Make sure you include a variety of perspectives, close-ups of distinctive design patterns, and even images of you in the gown to make your product stand out. Getting decent shots of the dress requires appropriate lighting, so look for a location with plenty of natural light while photographing it.
Have the Dress Professionally Cleaned
It doesn’t matter if wedding gowns are only worn once; they are still subject to dirt and discoloration. It can be a good idea to get your wedding dress professionally cleaned before putting it on the market. This might result in extra money being placed in your pocket as a result of the transaction.
Provide a Detailed Description
It doesn’t matter if your wedding dress is only worn once; it is still subject to dirt and stains.
Perhaps it’s a good idea to get your wedding gown professionally cleaned before putting it on the market. If this is the case, you may be able to get more money out of the transaction.
Selling a wedding dress is a time-consuming endeavor. A wedding dress is an investment that should be done perfectly the first time, and most brides wish to avoid mistakes. As a result, it is possible that selling your gown could take longer than you thought. In the United States, according to PreOwned Wedding Dress, it takes on average 70 days to sell a used wedding gown. To get the process moving faster, cut the price of the dress by a few hundred dollars compared to your competitors’ and publicize it on different websites and social media channels.
Sell your wedding dress on Stillwhite
It’s no surprise that we’re the greatest site to sell your wedding dress, having previously sold $57 million in gowns.
Find out what you could earn
With photographs and a selling price that you determine. All for a little one-time payment! 2
Photographs, as well as a selling price of your choice And it’s all for a tiny one-time payment! 2
Photographs, as well as a selling price of your choosing It’s all for a little one-time payment! 2
Earn more than anywhere else
It is always up to you how much you want to charge. Because there is only a single one-time cost and no commission, you keep 100% of the proceeds from your transaction.
Sell faster, the way you want
All of the tools you need to get started selling right away, for a quick outcome at the best possible price are provided.
Sell with video
Photos are nice, but video is even better. Demonstrate how your dress moves and shines in the way it was intended to be observed.
Earn on the go
You can manage your Stillwhite account, talk with customers, and accept sales from anywhere with the Stillwhite mobile app.
Stillwhite protects sellers
You can manage your Stillwhite account, talk with customers, and accept sales from anywhere with the Stillwhite mobile application.
We’re here for you
Our team of sales professionals is ready and waiting to assist you in closing the deal. It was quite simple and quick. My ad had hardly been up for 24 hours when a potential buyer contacted me. Renee sold her garment in less than a day to raise money for a family vacation she was planning. Find out how she made her sale. Sellers presently have 59,641 products available for sale on their websites.
Start selling today
- Zero commission
- Listed till sold
- Live analytics
- 4 photographs
- No minimum purchase requirement.
- Standard features are enhanced by the following: homepage gallery
- Large search result
- 8 photographs and a video
Prices are expressed in US dollars.
The Best Places to Buy or Sell Used Wedding Dresses Online
This page will serve as your comprehensive guide to selling a wedding dress online. In the event that you’re thinking about selling your wedding dress, we’ve compiled the most useful information to assist you in determining where, how, and why to sell your used gown. In the event that you are unsure of what to do with your dress after the wedding day has passed, you can think about selling it to another bride.
Want to sell your wedding dress after the big day?
If this is the case, you might be wondering:
- It’s possible you’re wondering what to do next:
Perhaps you spent a lot of money on your dream designer wedding dress and would want to recuperate some of your expenses on something you only wore once.
Alternatively, you may have purchased a dress and then changed your mind. If you want to sell a wedding dress for whatever reason, it may be hard to sift through all of the numerous resale websites, especially if you want to obtain the greatest price for your gown.
Reputable Wedding Dress Resale Sites
We take the stress out of the process by compiling a list of trusted websites where you can buy and sell a preowned wedding dress online. Keep in mind that these websites are also excellent places to examine if you’re interested in purchasing a pre-owned wedding gown of your own. They’re a veritable resource for both buyers and sellers alike. Most significantly, one of our favorite wedding budget hacks is to resale your wedding accessories after the wedding day has passed. Note that, while selling your wedding dress online can undoubtedly assist you in recouping some of your expenses, it is not always a simple, quick, or comfortable process to complete.
We’ve included all of the pertinent information here.
The Best Places to Sell Your Wedding Dress Online
- Expenses: $20 one-time listing fee
- No sales commission is charged! $30 For one week, premium placement is prominently shown on the homepage. Payment will be made using PayPal. You may shop with confidence thanks to their Buyer Protection. When you pay using Paypal, your whole purchase price (including delivery charges) is covered. Shipping:The dress is shipped directly from the seller to the customer. The buyer is responsible for shipping. Refunds and exchanges are not available via StillWhite, however you can re-list the dress on their website if you don’t like it. Conclusion: Because you’ll receive the whole selling price less a listing charge, this is an excellent alternative if you’re not concerned about handling the delivery.
Stillwhite’s biography includes the following information: Stillwhite.com is the world’s largest marketplace for secondhand wedding gowns and accessories. Sellers have already made more than $20 million in commissions using the program. I like how simple it is to list your outfit on eBay. In only a few minutes, you’ll be escorted through the full procedure from start to finish. Buyers and sellers may communicate and exchange images safely using the built-in messaging system, which eliminates the need to share personal contact information or worry about frauds.
The best part is that, unlike some of the other sites, you get to retain 100 percent of the selling proceeds when your outfit is sold.
Instead of throwing away your once-cherished wedding gown, join hundreds of other newlyweds in repurposing it as another bride’s something borrowed by posting it on Stillwhite.com.
*FAVORITE OF THE BSB*
- In addition to a $19.99 listing fee (which is one-time), a 30 percent commission on the sale price is charged. The payment method is as follows:NN manages all payments and pays you by PayPal or cheque after your dress sells. They also accept installment payments through the Affirm payment platform. Shipping:The seller ships directly to the bride-to-be, but the NN team inspects the item to ensure it is in good shape and legitimate. NN will take care of the shipping and insurance
- Can I return something? Yes, however there is a $50 restocking charge. Conclusion: This is the simplest and most hassle-free approach. They take care of all of the time-consuming aspects of the procedure in exchange for a percentage of the profits. If you’re seeking for convenience, it’s well worth it.
More information on Nearly Newlywed: When it comes to selling your wedding dress online, Nearly Newlywed is unquestionably the best option available. It is not only really motivating, but it is also extremely user-friendly, straightforward and makes the entire process quite simple! In addition to handling the delivery, NearlyNewlywed.com saves you time and worry by receiving messages from possible purchasers. It’s the go-to trick for the modern, on-the-go bride who wants to resale her wedding dress quickly and easily.
If your listing is approved, Nearly Newlywed will take over from there, addressing any buyer queries and transporting the dress directly to the happy bride-to-be who has won the lottery!
According to the company’s pricing structure, you’ll be charged a $19.99 listing fee, and if your dress sells, you’ll earn 70% of the sale price.
The sales commission is *completely* justified by the amount of time, stress, and sanity you’ll save by delegating the difficult tasks to the NNW team. Readings related to this article:
- Nearly Newlywed is a popular destination for savvy brides. Planning a wedding on your smartphone? Check out these apps. Get a better deal on your dream wedding dress
- Buying a Second-Hand Wedding Dress: Some Pointers
- Expenses: $25 one-time listing cost
- No sales commission
- No further fees. Payment Method: The built-in Buyer Protection feature of PayPal provides you with peace of mind. Shipping: The buyer is responsible for shipping, which is deducted from the total purchase price. You’ll be responsible for shipping the gown yourself. Returns are subject to the seller’s discretion. The bottom line is that there is no commission charged on the sale of your outfit, so you will receive the whole sale price minus the listing cost. Also included is a helpfulwedding dress value calculator, which will allow you to see a recommended sales price.
More information about PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com can be found here: PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com has a #1 Google ranking, continuing advertising initiatives, and a strong social media presence, which means your dress will be instantly available for viewing by thousands of purchasers on the first day it is listed. For selling your wedding attire and accessories, PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com charges just a one-time fee, unlike many other re-sellers in the industry. There are never any additional fees or commissions associated with the selling.
Its wedding dress resale listings attract an average of more than 2000 views each item, with a sell time of 70 days on average.
Alternatively, you may visit PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com for additional information on how to sell your dress.
- For selling wedding dresses, there is a $9.95 listing fee
- All other things are offered at no charge. There are no sales commissions! Items remain on the market until they are sold. Payment Method: This is dependent on the vendor. It is advised that you use PayPal or Escrow.com. Shipping: It is up to the buyer and seller to decide who is responsible for shipping, and you are responsible for shipping yourself. Returns are subject to the seller’s discretion. Conclusion: This is another another low-cost, respectable alternative.
More information on BravoBride: Bravo Bride is an online marketplace for all things related to weddings. Thousands of gowns, jewelry, shoes, ceremony and reception items, and other wedding essentials are available at bargain prices for brides planning their big day in one place. Brides and newlyweds may post their wedding goods, including new and slightly used items, and find consumers all over the world. Stillwhite has recently obtained the domain name for this site.
Other Options for Selling Your Wedding Dress Online
More information about Ruffled:In order to sell your wedding dress through Ruffled, you must first have a PayPal account set up and ready to go. Creating a detailedPayPal invoice for your buyer is strongly recommended to protect both yourself and the buyer from any potential problems. While you will be charged a 2.9 percent plus $0.30 fee, PayPal will not be able to assist you or your buyer in the event of a dispute if you accept payment in any other way. By visiting Ruffled Recycle Your Wedding’s website, you can learn more about selling and purchasing on the site as well as other helpful hints and advice.
Tradesy, an online marketplace for designer apparel and commodities, is unquestionably the best place to shop for top-of-the-line merchandise. If you’re selling a rare or designer garment in outstanding condition, Tradesy is a great place to sell it because they’re careful about which brands they allow on the site, as well as the quality of any products they post. More information on Tradesy may be found at: You may either utilize an existing listing as inspiration or start from scratch when selling your home.
Once you’ve sold your wedding things, create a pre-paid shipping label and mail them using your own materials.
Even better, if a customer returns your item because of something that was not your fault, Tradesy will take care of everything and you will receive your money back in full.
If you opt to retain your money within Tradesy, they will charge you a commission fee of 14.9 percent. If you decide to cash out, you will be charged a fee of 17.8 percent. Visit Tradesy’s website for further information on how to sell your items there.
Dresses for all occasions may be found on Poshmark, which also sells bridal gowns. This large marketplace of new and pre-owned apparel, accessories, shoes, and more is best viewed through their applications (download the Android or iPhone apphereand use our referral codeUPNLWto earn $5 to spend), which are best viewed through their smartphones. Their collection of bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses is particularly amazing, as is their assortment of accessories. More information on Poshmark may be found at: It is simple to sell using their application.
Better still, once you’ve sold your item, you can just print off the pre-paid, pre-addressed label and send it in the mail or schedule a free pick-up with the company.
In terms of pricing, they offer a fixed price of $2.95 for listings that are less than $15.
Not too shabby, really.
When it comes to selling your bridal gown, bridesmaid dress, or wedding accessories, you will want to think about the adorable website Once Wed. In addition to having over 4000 gowns available for purchase, Once Wed provides a terrific variety for brides of all shapes and sizes. More information on OnceWed: Selling your item is possible with either a Free or Premium membership, however there is never a commission fee charged. Yes, it is completely free! While purchasing the Premium membership may provide you with a little more visibility, it is not required in order to sell on OnceWed.
As soon as your seller receives her clothing and expresses satisfaction with the transaction, Escrow.com transfers the monies to your account.
When it comes to selling your pre-owned gown, eBay, the world’s largest online marketplace, is the best option. Their collection is extensive, and their search feature is quite exact, which are both reasons why brides like to purchase at this establishment. Furthermore, they have the art of selling used stuff online down to a science, so getting started is quick and simple. More information about eBay may be found at: It is completely free to list up to 50 things every month on eBay. They charge a commission of ten percent of the final selling price as a fee.
Selling a Wedding Dress Locally
It appears that selling your wedding dress to a bride in your area is a wonderful option. For starters, you won’t have to bother with delivery costs anymore. Unfortunately, there are additional difficulties associated with selling a wedding dress in your local area. If you don’t want to sell your wedding dress online, you might want to explore selling it through a local resale shop instead. You might think it would be simpler to just drop your gown off at a consignment shop and wait for money to arrive.
It’s possible that selling your wedding dress could take considerably longer than you’d want.
Most significantly, if you sell your old wedding dress locally, you will most likely receive less money for it. Because of the lesser level of competition in a local market, there will be no pressing need for a bride to spend more money.
Read This:6 Ways to Buy Your Wedding Dress for Less
Unfortunately, the fact is that you will most likely be unable to locate retailers who will purchase your dress for cash in order to resell it. It’s rare to come across a store that will purchase wedding gowns in advance at all. In most cases, businesses will keep gowns in stock and charge a fee on the sale of the garments. The other possibility is that a retailer would agree to pay you a tiny commission on the selling of your wedding dress in exchange for keeping the majority of the purchase price for themselves.
You should consider selling your garment onFacebook Marketplace or using the geographical criteria on oneBay to boost your chances of finding a local buyer and eliminating the difficulties of shipping and handling.
Verdict:Use online resources or wedding resale websites to sell your wedding dress.
Online wedding dress selling companies are the most convenient approach to market your wedding dress since they are accessible 24/7. When you list a used wedding dress for sale online, you have the opportunity to reach a far larger audience of prospective purchasers. The result is increased competition, which increases the likelihood of receiving a higher price for your secondhand wedding gown. Utilize one of the recommended sites above if you want to sell your wedding dress quickly and for the highest potential price in order to recuperate your investment.
In the meanwhile, inform us whether you have any plans to sell your wedding dress after the big day.
- Continue Reading: Save Money on Your Wedding by Shopping on Amazon Prime
- Continue Reading
In 2013, I wore a stunning Alfred Angelo gown during my wedding ceremony. But much though I adored the garment, my new husband and I were forced to reside in a small apartment, and the dress took up half of our wardrobe space. We also needed some additional income to get started on our new life together, so I took what some people considered to be a dramatic decision: I chose to sell my wedding dress only six months after being married in order to raise money. A lot of people told me it was bad luck for me to sell my wedding dress, but I’m not one to believe in superstitions or curses.
If you’re like me and are considering selling your gown, you have several possibilities.
How To Sell Your Wedding Dress in 6 Steps
Selling a wedding dress on eBay is more difficult than selling a pair of shoes on the same website. Here are the six steps I took to successfully sell my wedding dress on the internet.
Step No. 1: Get your wedding dress professionally cleaned
If you intend to sell your wedding gown, it is recommended that you get it professionally cleaned. Several potential purchasers are brides themselves, and they expect their new dress to be flawless — not stained with wine or cake from your own celebration. It is an additional expenditure to have your garment dry cleaned, but it can help you sell your dress more quickly. You’re also more likely to have a consumer who is pleased with your product. According to BravoBride, a website where you can buy and sell secondhand wedding things, you can often get your gown cleaned for between $100 and $200 dollars.
Mine was a rather straightforward affair, consisting primarily of ivory satin with a small amount of beading around the bodice.
It was in generally decent shape, however there were some stains from grass and dirt around the hem that needed to be addressed. I was able to get my garment professionally cleaned for around $95. Did you know that you can rent a wedding dress? Here’s how to do it.
Step No. 2: Provide ample pictures of your wedding dress
Take several photographs of your outfit while you prepare it for sale. Make certain you include the following:
- Images from the company that manufactured your garment: If at all feasible, add photos from the company that made your dress in your listing. People who are looking for a certain dress will seek for photographs of that exact dress. Photographs of the alterations: Include images of any unique adjustments you had done to the garment that altered the overall appearance of the dress. In my case, the seamstress included a French bustle into the design of my gown. According to Brides.com, a renowned wedding planning website, adding a bustle might cost anywhere from $75 and $250. In my instance, the fact that the bustle was already constructed was a selling point for the dress. Photographs from the wedding day: Include images from your wedding day, if feasible, to show off the final dress and to demonstrate how stunning it may look with your makeup and hair done.
- Following the washing, take photographs of the dress, as well as a photograph of the dry cleaner’s receipt, to serve as confirmation that it has been properly cleaned. Close-ups of any features, such as beading or lace, should be included to demonstrate that it is in good condition and that there are no missing components or rips
Step No. 3: Choose where you sell your wedding dress carefully
The location in which you sell your wedding dress is important since it can influence your pricing and overall experience. While you may be able to sell your clothing to a local consignment shop, the number of potential buyers may be restricted. Selling it online through a site such as Tradesy, Pre-Owned Wedding Dresses, or Still White may allow you to reach a larger number of potential buyers. After weighing my alternatives, I opted to offer my outfit on Tradesy because there are no upfront costs associated with the service.
It also provides price advice and selling tips, as well as protection for sellers in the event that a buyer returns an item due to a problem that is not the seller’s responsibility.
Step No. 4: Be precise about the details of your wedding dress
Include as much information as you can about the gown, its condition, and any adjustments you have made in your description. When it comes to size, attention to detail is very vital. Wedding dress sizes are often quite different from typical clothing sizes, so be sure to include the dress’s dimensions in your list of requirements. If you had any adjustments done to the dress that changed the dimensions, make sure to provide those information as well. Due to the fact that I am pretty short and wore flats to my wedding, I had to have my dress shortened quite a bit.
The manufacturer’s original measurements acquired from the manufacturer’s website, as well as my personal measurements, were provided in my ad for the dress to demonstrate how the dress might fit someone else.
- Alfred Angelo gown in size 16W
- Manufacturer dimensions are as follows:
- Added a French bustle
- Hemmed to skim the floor for someone who is 5’4″ and wearing flats
- Hemmed to skim the floor
- Alfred Angelo gown model 1136 was worn at this occasion. A stunning satin A-line gown with beading at the corset back is available. Train with a semi-cathedral shape. I wore this dress at my own wedding. I spent around $350 on adjustments to create a French bustle and to slim the waistline of the dress. Because I’m 5’4″ and wore flats, the dress had to be hemmed in order to fit me properly. The gown has been cleaned by a professional
Step No. 5: Research wedding dress pricing
Prepare for your wedding dress pricing decision by conducting some preliminary research. For the most part, gowns that are less than two years old may be sold for around 50 percent of their original retail price. Fashion designer dresses from companies such as Vera Wang may be sold for up to 60% of their original cost, according to The Knot, a leading wedding planning website. In contrast, if you’ve made extensive adjustments to the gown or if there are stains that won’t come out, you may be required to charge a lower price for the gown.
Because my garment had been hemmed so extensively, I was aware that the gown’s marketability would be severely reduced.
Because of this restriction, I followed Tradesy’s advise and set the price of my outfit at $450 USD.
Because of my meticulous attention to detail in the listing, a woman who was exactly my height purchased the garment.
Even if my buyer didn’t have any queries, you may receive inquiries or requests for further photographs from other possible consumers. Check your account on a daily basis so that you can answer to customer inquiries in a timely manner, increasing your chances of making a transaction.
Step No. 6: Insure before you ship the wedding dress
Following that, it’s time to ship the gown. It is possible that the firm may offer you packaging supplies as well as a pre-paid shipping label, depending on the website where you plan to sell your garment. Because of Tradesy’s shipping rules, I was unable to take use of their shipping kit, and I was forced to handle all of the shipment myself. I shipped the dress in a huge box and kept it wrapped in the plastic wrap that had been provided by the dry cleaner. I insured the gown for the amount of the purchase price, which I strongly advise you to do in the event that the gown is lost or destroyed during shipment.
The Afterglow of Selling My Wedding Dress
Once the dress had been delivered to my buyer’s residence, she contacted me via email to express her delight with the purchase. The gown was in the style of her dream wedding dress, but the retail price was out of her financial range at the time. Her purchase of the dress worn on Tradesy enabled her to have the garment she desired without spending more money than she could afford. I was overjoyed to learn that my garment had provided delight to someone else as well. I’ve never looked back on selling my gown as a mistake because of that experience.
Although it was a little sum, selling my wedding gown freed up valuable storage space in my wardrobe, and the proceeds were utilized to supplement my emergency fund.
9 of the Best Places to Sell Your Wedding Dress for Cash
DollarSprout’s number one mission is to assist readers in improving their financial situations, and we often collaborate with businesses that share this same vision. Occasionally, we may get revenue for referring customers who make a purchase or join up through one of our Partners’ links. More information may be found here. When it came to arranging my wedding, I was determined to find the ideal dress for me. I went from wedding store to bridal boutique, trying on a plethora of alternatives until I eventually discovered the one I liked.
I thought one day that I could probably attempt to sell it and recuperate some of the money I had spent on it.
To begin with, I believed I was restricted to Craigslist and Facebook.
To sell and resell wedding-related things, such as wedding gowns, the ideal option is to use a niche-specific website that caters to that specific market segment only.
In this case, the websites are geared at brides who are expressly shopping for a used wedding dress. The fact that you are putting your things on such websites will put them in front of an audience that is prepared and ready to purchase your dress.
The Top Sites to Sell Your Wedding Dress Online
In order to maximize your earnings from the sale of your wedding gown, consider using one of the websites listed below: Many of them are expressly geared toward brides who are wanting to save money by purchasing used wedding-related things from consignment shops. When it comes to wedding dresses, several of these websites also provide choices for consignment, if that is something you are contemplating.
Stillwhite is the source of this information.
- Listed Dresses: A $20 listing cost per dress that includes four photographs and remains on the market until sold, or $30 for a premium listing that includes eight photos and a homepage gallery
- Commission: There is no commission. Shipping costs are variable (customers are responsible for postage)
With an easy-to-use website for both sellers and buyers, Stillwhite advertises itself as the world’s largest pre-owned wedding dress marketplace with a vast selection of dresses. According to the company’s website, it has 52,000 gowns available for purchase. Make use of the Stillwhite valuator to see how much you may expect to receive for your outfit. The regular option will need you to pay a one-time cost of $20 in order to list your outfit. You will not be charged a commission on the sale, and your dress will remain on the site until it is sold.
The premium listing option is a one-time price of $30 and includes a homepage gallery feature, a bigger photo in search, and the ability to upload up to eight photographs.
Referred to as: 18 Best Selling Apps to Sell Stuff Locally and Online Related:
Tradesy is the source of this image.
- There is no listing charge
- Commission is 19.8 percent on sales above $50
- Shipping costs are variable
- And there is no listing fee.
Designer apparel and accessories, including wedding gowns, are available on Tradesy, an online marketplace for fashion. It is simple to create a listing, and you have the ability to pick your own pricing. In order to sell your wedding dress on the site, it must be in perfect condition prior to being listed. Tradesy also allows you to sell wedding accessories such as veils, bridal jewelry, shoes, bridesmaid gowns, and wedding decorations. Tradesy will walk you through every step of the listing process from start to finish.
As an added benefit, Tradesy will automatically improve all of your provided photographs in order to make your listing stand out from the competition.
You will maintain your profits if a customer returns your item due to an error on your part.
No upfront costs are charged, however you will be charged a 19.8 percent commission fee on products that sell for more over $50.
Poshmark is the source.
- Listing Charge: There is no listing cost
- Commission: There is a fixed commission fee of 20%. Shipping costs are subject to change.
The Poshmark app and website are just another place where you can resell your gently worn clothing. It mostly sells mall and designer labels, although it isn’t as fussy as Tradesy when it comes to what it sells. With the app, it is simple to create a new listing. Simply snap a few images with your phone and submit them in less than a minute to get started. The app makes it simple to share your listings with others so that customers can find them. It includes a vast range of bridesmaid and wedding gowns, as well as the ability to create custom filters.
You may then print the prepaid and pre-addressed label and either put it in the mail or plan a free pick-up for when your dress sells. When you sell your wedding dress on Poshmark, you’ll be required to pay a 20 percent commission charge to the site.
4. Nearly Newlywed
Obtainable from: Nearly Newlywed
- The listing fee is $25, and the commission is 40%. Postage costs are variable (a pre-paid label is supplied for gowns sold for more than $500, however shipping is the responsibility of the seller for dresses sold for less than $500)
- Return policies:
You should consider Nearly Newlywed if you’re seeking for a hassle-free selling experience and don’t mind paying a higher commission rate in exchange for it. The listing procedure is straightforward and quick. Simply send some basic information as well as photographs of your wedding gown. It is possible that Nearly Newlywed will take between 24 and 48 hours to approve the listing. As soon as it is advertised, the site will respond to customer queries and handle all of the necessary payments, shipping, and insurance.
In contrast to other sites, Nearly Newlywed charges a $25 listing fee as well as a 40 percent commission on sales.
In related news, here are the 13 best places to sell your jewelry online.
5. Once Wed
Once Wed is the source of this information.
- There is a listing fee of $19.95 per dress, no commission, and shipping costs that are variable.
A wedding planning resource for future brides, Once Wed is an online wedding resource that assists them in finding inspiration and resources to help them organize their perfect wedding. It also serves as an online marketplace for pre-owned bridal gowns and accessories. This site, which has been in operation for more than 10 years, is an excellent choice for selling your wedding dress. There is a $19.95 listing cost per dress, but there are no commission fees charged. Your listing is valid for one year from the date of publication.
In related news, here are 15 of the best places to buy discount shoes online.
PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com is the source.
- Listing Fee: $25
- Commission: There is no commission charged. Shipping costs are subject to change.
Since 2004, PreOwned Wedding Dresses has been in the wedding gown industry. This website facilitates the exchange of information between buyers and sellers of new, sample, and used wedding dresses and bridal party gowns. There is a one-time listing charge of $25, but there are no commission fees to worry about. The site also boasts that the average dress sells within 70 days, which is far faster than the claims of other companies. It also includes a helpfulwedding dress value calculator that will assist you in determining the optimal listing price for your gown.
7. Wore It Once
It was worn once, according to the source.
- Listing Fee: $20
- Commission: 0%
- Listing Fee: $20 Shipping costs are subject to change.
The website Wore It Once facilitates the exchange of secondhand wedding dresses, gowns, jewels, shoes, and other apparel items by bringing buyers and sellers together. You may sell your wedding dress by creating your own unique shop, where you can also post other wedding-related goods for sale alongside your gown. When you’re ready to market your dress, you’ll need to fill out a form with information about the dress, such as the size, color, and style. Once you’ve done so, you’ll write a bespoke description for your outfit and determine a listing price.
Your ads never expire, and you have complete control over the pricing you charge. Additionally, there is no limit to the amount of things you may sell in your shop, allowing you to list and sell all of your used wedding items at the same time.
8. Wedding Bee
Wedding Bee is the source of this information.
- The following fees are not charged: Listing Fee: No listing fee
- Commission: No commission
- Shipping costs are subject to change.
WedBee is a website and online community dedicated to offering real couples planning their nuptials with wedding advice, tips, and techniques from other genuine couples. Among the themes covered are DIY wedding projects, wedding day suggestions, and inspirational images for your perfect wedding. Perhaps most crucially, the website has a classifieds area where you can advertise your wedding dress for sale. It is completely free to post your wedding dress on Wedding Bee, however you may upgrade to a featured ad for an additional fee.
You are also responsible for shipping the garment.
9. Sell My Wedding Dress
Sell My Wedding Dress is the source of this information.
- There is a one-time fee of $19.99 for a basic listing and a $29.99 fee for a premium listing
- There is no commission
- And shipping costs are variable.
Another option for selling your wedding dress is the website Sell My Wedding Dress, which is fittingly called. A basic listing, which costs $19.99, and a premium listing, which costs $29.99 but includes a featured listing and greater placement for your ad, are the two alternatives for submitting your dress for sale. There are no commission fees or other hidden expenses associated with using this service, either. Your listing will remain active until your dress has been sold. You’ll need to fill out some typical information about your dress, such as the size, color, and style of your dress, in order to list it.
Where to Sell Your Wedding Dress Locally
If you’re trying to sell your wedding dress locally, you have a couple of alternatives to choose from. Local wedding dress secondhand stores are your best choice if you want to keep your costs down and stay close to home.
Craigslist allows you to sell everything, from furniture to children’s toys, and it is free to use. It also contains a section dedicated to the sale of wedding-related merchandise, such as bridal dresses. While this may not be the greatest location to sell your wedding dress, it does eliminate the need to transport the garment and the need to pay a commission on the sale. Selling a wedding dress on Craigslist may take longer than expected, and it may be more difficult to locate acceptable customers.
As many Craigslist shoppers as possible will attempt to bargain, establish your price with a little wiggle space.
Related: How to Sell on Craigslist (with Pictures) (And 6 Tips for Success)
Facebook Buy and Sell Groups
Another option for selling your wedding dress in your local area is to post it on Facebook Buy and Sell groups or through the Facebook Marketplace. This type of demographic will sell nearly everything, so you won’t be limiting your marketing to solely weddings and grooms. Because the purchasers are in your area, you won’t have to worry about sending your outfit anywhere. When you advertise your dress on eBay, make sure to include plenty of images, a thorough description, and a competitive pricing.
It’s possible that you’ll have to haggle the final price, so give yourself some wiggle space. Although it would most likely take longer to sell your clothing on Facebook, there are no fees associated with creating a listing. Related: How to Make Money on Facebook: 5 Simple Strategies (Part 2)
Local Wedding Consignment Shops
Choosing a wedding dress consignment store is the ideal option if you want to sell your wedding dress in your hometown. Because these businesses specialize in selling wedding-related things such as wedding dresses, accessories, and shoes, this is your best bet for placing your dress in front of local consumers who are expressly seeking for a wedding gown. When it comes to local wedding dress consignment stores, one of the major drawbacks is that they charge quite high fees for assisting you in the sale of your wedding dress, similar to some of the sites on our list.
In related news, learn how to start an online thrift store or consignment shop.
Tips for Selling Your Used Wedding Dress Online
The following elements should be taken into consideration while selling your wedding dress. First and foremost, make certain that your dress is in good shape, with no tears, stains, or other signs of use. You’re probably still in good shape because you’ve only worn the dress once, therefore it’s in good condition. Also, keep in mind that photographs are in high demand. The more the number of photographs you can provide from a variety of perspectives, the better. You can include photographs of you wearing the dress as well as images of the garment on a hanger, but be sure to include close-up photos of any notable elements such as beadwork or a unique lace pattern.
Make every effort to explain the adjustments in as much detail as possible if the garment has been changed in any manner.
How Much Can I Sell My Used Wedding Dress For?
The amount you might expect to receive for your old wedding dress is dependent on a number of things. Used wedding dresses in excellent shape and less than two years old may often be sold for 50% of the retail price, according to industry standards. If your dress is from a designer brand, such as Vera Wang, you may expect to receive closer to 60% of its retail value in exchange. There are calculators that can help you estimate how much you might be able to sell your wedding gown for. You may acquire an estimate for the worth of your gown by entering some general information about it, such as the brand, condition, and size, among other things.
- Still White Wedding Dress Calculator
- PreOwned Wedding Dresses Calculator
- Still White Wedding Dresses Calculator
How Long Will It Take to Sell My Wedding Dress?
The length of time it will take to sell your wedding dress is determined by a number of criteria, including the brand, style, size, and condition. In addition, bear in mind that the popularity of the marketplace or shop you choose to utilize for your listing will have an impact on the amount of traffic your garment receives and the speed with which it sells. As a general rule, you should anticipate your dress to sell within 60 to 90 days after being listed if it is a popular brand and style, in outstanding shape, and hasn’t been worn more than a couple of years.
Dresses that are out of style, in poor shape, or in a less-in-demand size may take longer to sell than other styles and sizes.