(For real! Seriously.)
We need a part-time employee to be my wedding assistant. Duties generally include: attending/facilitating wedding rehearsals, setting up decorations, coordinating details and timelines with vendors, assisting wedding guests with whatever they need, and cleaning up things at the end of the party.
Train for 2-3 weddings in June and July, and then be a for-real assistant for a handful of weddings throughout the year. If you are awesome, you can be my assistant forever and ever.
Must be available weekends. Hours are typically all day (usually starting between 12pm-3pm and ending around 12am-1am or thereabouts) on Saturdays, occasional Fridays/Sundays, even more rarely a weekday.
- an excellent communicator with no qualms about talking to strangers
- a nice person capable of interacting pleasantly and professionally with all kinds of people, even when they are under the influence of (lots of) alcohol
- able to work independently and follow directions clearly
- have a good eye for design and details
- able to work long shifts, spending much of it on your feet, while also schlepping lots of stuff around
- an unhealthy obsession with organization, spreadsheets, checklists, and nice pens is a plus
- sense of humor and fluency in sarcasm are absolutely mandatory.
Pay is $13/hour for training and $15/hour when you become a full-fledged assistant.
Absolutely MUST be available Labor Day weekend – ALL DAY Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
A car is helpful but not required.
Interested parties should email a letter of interest to cindy at craftybroads dot com, and tell me why they would rock this job! Please also provide a list of relevant work experience (doesn’t have to be a formal resume but I’ll take that too) and anything else you think I should know.